Daily mundane tasks like washing clothes, going grocery shopping etc which we generally don’t pay much attention to need the most attention during the COVID-19 crisis. It is through this daily task we are more prone to getting infected with COVID-19.
Here are some of those daily task that one needs to take care of & pay attention to in order to prevent COVID-19 from entering your home
1. When food or groceries are delivered to your home, tear off the cardboard or plastic packaging and let someone with clean hands draw the products out and bring them inside your home. Keep a waste bin outside and dispose of the package. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
2. If you are going to the market or grocery store, take a jute or nylon grocery bag with you. Wash your bag once you come home.
3. The viruses can survive for a while on your fruits and vegetables. So they need to be disinfected. Soak them in water for 5 minutes with potassium permanganate and then rinse them. Or simply scrub them for 20 seconds under running water.
4. Rinse the counter or tabletop where you had set down your purchases.
5. If your food is present in a tin or plastic container, wash it with soap and water.
6. Clean your phone cover with cotton wool and alcohol-based solution when you come home.
7. Try not to pay with cash as it changes hands numerous times. A banknote may contain the virus. Use online transactions wherever possible.
8. Wash your clothes with water and detergent as soon as you come in. And don’t let anyone come in contact with you until you have cleaned yourself.